Christmas - Shrinking to tiny creature

Upon the mountain's snowy crown,
In winter's hush, I sought renown.
To birds above, my words did plead,
A longing heart, a quiet need.

"Little birds," I softly cried,
Amidst the cold, my arms spread wide.
A gift I brought, no special plan,
To share with you, feathered clan.

Yet, in the air, my plea did fade,
The birds, aloof, in flight they stayed.
Undeterred, a truth unfurled,
A tale transcending this wintry world.

"My body vast," I mused, sincere,
"Too grand, too large, breeds only fear.
If small I became, like birds that roam,
A chance to share my heart, my home."

In solitude, a truth took flight,
Christmas whispered through the night.
A grand divine in a child so small,
Love's true meaning, a sacred call.

In humble form, a choice divine,
To bridge the gap, a love benign.
The little child, a gift to all,
Christmas echoes, love's sweet thrall.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas stories.

Poem: Jesus Saves!